There are many ways to disable pop-up blockers on a laptop, such as using the browser settings, downloading an extension, or changing the security settings. The most common way is to use the browser settings.
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Safari all have built-in pop-up blockers that are usually enabled by default.
Here’s how to disable pop-up blockers in each major browser.
How to disable pop up blocker on Chrome[Laptop]
Pop-up ads can be annoying and intrusive. If you’re using Google Chrome, you can disable pop-up ads by following these steps:
Open Google Chrome.
1: Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the browser window.
2: Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3: Scroll down to the “Privacy and security” section and click on “Site settings.”
4: Click on “Pop-ups and redirects,”
5: Then click on ” Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects“
6: Close the Settings tab when you’re finished. Don’t need to save the settings.
Open a new tab and check your problem is solved.
|You can also choose to allow pop-ups from specific sites by clicking on the “Add” button under “Customized behaviors”|
How to disable pop up blocker on Opera[Desktop]
Assuming you’re using the latest version of Opera, you can disable your pop-up blocker by following these simple steps:
1: Open Opera and click on the Menu button in the top-left corner.
2: Click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3: On the left side of the Browser settings page, click on Privacy & security.
4: Then Click on “Site Settings”
5:Click on “Pop-ups and redirects”
6: Now select the “Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects“
7: Close the Settings Tab. That’s all there is to it!
Once you’ve turned off your pop-up blocker, websites will be able to display pop-ups as usual. Just keep in mind that some sites rely heavily on pop-ups for content or navigation, so you may want to turn your pop-up blocker back on after visiting them.
Disable pop up blocker on Firefox
One of the most annoying things when browsing the web is dealing with constant pop-ups. If you’re using the Firefox browser, there’s a built-in pop-up blocker that can help reduce the number of pop-ups you see. Here’s how to disable pop up blockers on Firefox.
- Open Firefox and click on the Menu icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Preferences and then select Privacy & Security from the left sidebar.
- Under Pop-ups and Redirects, make sure the Block Pop-ups option is turned off.
- You can also add exceptions for specific websites if you want to allow pop-ups only on certain sites.
- Close the Preferences window and you’re all set!
Disable pop up blocker on Microsoft Edge
In Microsoft Edge, pop-up blocking is turned on by default. You can turn off pop-up blocking in Microsoft Edge through the browser’s settings. Here’s how:
- Select the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select “Settings.”
- In the left sidebar that appears, select “View advanced settings.”
- Under “Block pop-ups,” toggle the button to “Off.”
- Close the Settings window.
Now when you visit a website that has pop-ups enabled, they will no longer be blocked by Microsoft Edge.
How to disable pop up blocker on Safari [Mac]
If you want to disable the pop-up blocker on Safari On a laptop computer, Open the Safari browser:
From the Safari menu, select Preferences.
In the Preferences window, click the Websites tab.
In the left column, select Pop-Up Windows.
From the When visiting other websites drop-down menu, select the desired option:
• To allow all pop-ups, select Allow All Sites to Show Pop-Ups.
• To block all pop-ups, select Block All Sites.
• To not see messages asking to block pop-ups, deselect Block Pop-Up Window Messages.
Disable pop up blocker on iPhone
If you want to disable the Safari browser’s pop-up blocker on your iPhone:
- Open Safari and tap the Share icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- Scroll down and select the “Block Pop-ups” option under the “Privacy & Security” heading.
- Toggle the switch to the right of “Block Pop-ups” to disable pop-up blocking in Safari.
You can disable your pop up blocker on any device or browser. This will allow you to view pop ups that may be important or relevant to you. Pop up blockers can be annoying and cause you to miss out on important information, so make sure to disable them when necessary.